Sing Tao News Corporation
|Traded as||SEHK: 1105|
|Sing Tao News Corporation|
|Global China Group Holdings Limited|
The Group is listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. The group was formerly known as Global China Group Holdings Limited until 22 February 2005, as Global China Technology Group Limited until 4 October 2002, and as Perfect Treasure Holdings Limited until 8 August 2000.
Perfect Treasure Holdings
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2017)
Sing Tao News Corporation
Charles Ho acquired Perfect Treasure Holdings in 2000, renaming the company to Global China Technology Group. He also became the honorary chairman of Sing Tao Holdings in September 1999 after it was acquired by a private equity fund of Lazard Asia. However, Global China Technology Group then acquired Sing Tao Holdings from the private equity fund in January 2001 and Charles Ho became the chairman of both Global China Technology Group and Sing Tao Holdings.
Soon after Global China Technology Group acquired Sing Tao Holdings as a subsidiary, in mid-2002 the subsidiary excluding Sing Tao Media Holdings and Colony Hotel was sold to Ming Yuan Investment Group, a private company owned by Yao Yuan. Sing Tao Holdings was then known as Shanghai Mingyuan Holdings since October 2002. Sing Tao Media Holdings was an intermediate company for newspaper and magazine business of the former Sing Tao Holdings group.
The predecessors of Sing Tao Holdings as the parent company of Sing Tao group, was Sing Tao Limited (aka: Sing Tao Newspapers Limited and Sin Poh Amalgamated (H.K.) Limited). As of 2018, Sing Tao Limited was still operates as a company and a subsidiary of Sing Tao News Corporation.
In 2005 Global China Group Holdings was renamed to Sing Tao News Corporation. In the same year Sing Tao sold the headquarters of its newspaper division in Kowloon Bay, Kowloon. The headquarters was later relocated to A Kung Ngam in Hong Kong Island. In 2017, the headquarters was relocated to Tseung Kwan O.
- Filings in Hong Kong Companies Registry
- "Trading arrangement and exchange of share certificates" (PDF) (Press release). Sing Tao News Corporation. 2 March 2005. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- 何柱國購柏寶交易續進行. Sing Tao Daily (in Chinese). 19 June 2000. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "Profile of management" (PDF). 2000–01 Annual Report. Sing Tao Holdings. 9 August 2001. p. 24. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "Announcement & Resumption of Trading" (Microsoft Word) (Press release). Global China Technology Group. 9 January 2001. Retrieved 30 September 2017 – via Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- "Circular (Disclosable Transaction, Disposal of 74.5% Interests in Sing Tao Holdings Limited)" (PDF). Global China Technology Group. 2 August 2002. Retrieved 30 September 2017 – via Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- "Circular (Voluntary Conditional Securities Exchange Offer by Global China Corporate Finance Limited on behalf of Global China Multimedia Limited to acquire all the Issued Shares in Sing Tao Media Holdings Limited)" (PDF). Global China Technology Group. 2 September 2002. Retrieved 30 September 2017 – via Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- "Sing Tao buoyed by $370m sale". South China Morning Post. Hong Kong. 14 July 2005. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "2016 Annual Report" (PDF). Sing Tao News Corporation. 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sing Tao News Corporation.|